Friday, August 7, 2009
New Milestone of the Software is Underway
The NextFab developers are working hard to release a new release of the software. I will be named as 0.24. In this version the user can be choose to use several new features such as:
* VTK to import STL models, fixing several inconsistences in 3d model and reducing the number of triangles in a mesh for improve visualization and path planning simplifying the model;
* The user can now import vector files that have several slices and the software will slice them correctly based on the Z coordenate;
* The path planning now has a feature that you can choose the start angle for the raster and the rotation angle, making possible several improvements related to path planning issues. Choosing diferent angles for the raster you can even build the model faster with better surface;
* Several bugfix was done to improve the stability of the software;
* Is underway a new method using CGAL library to calculate the inner offset of polygons. This will fix most of the path planning problems related to the size of the tip in an smal region.
* and much more.....
Soon we will release more pictures of the new features. Stay with your eyes wide open!